ISD Counselling Department Beliefs
- We believe that students who are emotionally and socially balanced are better able to access learning opportunities.
- We believe in our shared responsibility to contribute to a balanced curriculum of academic, career, personal, social and global perspective development.
- We believe in providing learning opportunities that will empower every student to develop their academic, social and emotional competencies.
- We believe in advocating for change that has the best interests of our students at heart.
- We believe that we act in partnership and cooperation with all of the members of our learning community to inform our work with students.
- We believe that it is essential to work within an ethical framework, keeping in mind the unique international context of our school.
ISD Counselling Department Mission Statement
As advocates for our students, we work in partnership with our learning community to affirm and support ISD’s mission, philosophy and educational principles. As such, we aim to develop each student’s academic, social and emotional competencies through the delivery of a developmentally and culturally appropriate counselling and Life Skills curriculum. In doing so, we strive to empower students to make choices that positively enhance their own well-being and that of others, now and for the future.